A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy consumer and retail industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Subway’s sale announcement and the Toy of the Year finalists.
NEW YORK, Aug. 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the consumer and retail industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Subway® Announces Sale to Roark Capital
The transaction comes on the heels of Subway announcing its 10th consecutive quarter of positive same store sales. The company will continue to execute its strategy with a focus on sales growth, menu innovation, modernization of restaurants, overall guest experience improvements, and international expansion.
- Pepsi® Celebrates Its Historic 125th Anniversary with 125-Day-Long Campaign, Spotlighting Iconic Moments of the Past, Present and Future
On August 28, the brand will start the party by offering free Pepsi to everyone across the U.S., and over the course of the 125 days leading up to New Year’s Eve, the brand will launch 125 various types of programming including immersive events, social content moments and giveaways.
- Why Didn’t We Launch This Sooner?! Domino’s® Introduces Pepperoni Stuffed Cheesy Bread
Domino’s Pepperoni Stuffed Cheesy Bread combines the best parts of pepperoni pizza into a savory snack. Each eight-piece order of oven-baked breadsticks is stuffed with cheese and pepperoni. It is covered in a blend of cheese made with 100% real mozzarella and cheddar, and seasoned with a touch of garlic and Parmesan for a flavor-packed bite every single time.
- The Toy Foundation™ Reveals the 2023 Toy of the Year® Awards Finalists
An animated game to create movie magic, an activity table to drop musical beets, and an 8-foot inflatable obstacle course to spark endless outdoor fun are among the inventive finalists for the prestigious Toy of the Year® (TOTY®) Awards.
- Total Flavor Touchdown: Wendy’s New Loaded Nacho Sandwiches and Queso Fries Join the Made to Crave Menu
This winning combination of crunchy, cheesy goodness will have fans waving goodbye to their bland meals and transferring to Wendy’s. It’s time for a flavor upgrade.
- The GREENIES™ Brand and Christian Siriano Collaborate to Unveil HOUNDSTOOTHLESS™
Dog lovers and fashion gurus alike can match with their furry best friend this season by entering a sweepstakes for a chance to get their paws on the limited-edition HOUNDSTOOTHLESS trench coat. The dog and human trench coats are soft-knitted and lightweight and are available in three sizes – small, medium and large.
- Savor the Tastes of Fall with a Variety of Tim Hortons® Seasonal Offerings
Beginning August 23, Tim Hortons will feature new fall beverage flavors as well as a seasonal muffin and donut. Guests can indulge in the limited-time flavors of pumpkin spice, maple cinnamon sugar, spiced apple cranberry and fall peach.
- Hellmann’s Scores Major Touchdown – Signing Quarterback Will Levis to a New Lifetime Supply of Mayonnaise Contract
As the first athlete to secure such a deal from the number one best-selling mayonnaise brand, Levis and Hellmann’s aim to show how mayonnaise’s limitless possibilities can creatively elevate any dish, even if that means adding a dollop to your morning coffee.
- The Home Depot Launches New Homeowners Hub Designed with Millennials in Mind
From moving checklists to project guides, and virtual workshops to design inspiration, the online hub brings The Home Depot’s expertise directly to customers. The virtual workshops provide expert, step-by-step guidance on projects like how to paint a room, replace light fixtures, install a faucet, or replace a garbage disposal.
- Hip-Hop Legend Doug E. Fresh Drops a Beat to Support Redesign of McCormick® Herbs & Spices
“I’m back in the kitchen, cooking up some hot new sounds to introduce McCormick’s new red caps, which are designed to keep flavor fresh, like me,” said hip-hop legend Doug E. Fresh.
- Celebrity Chef Curtis Stone Partners with Zulily to Take Stress Off Mom’s Plate
To help moms win throughout the back-to-school season, Stone has curated nine recipes for kids of all ages, spanning nutritious meals for grade schoolers and teenagers, to dorm room-friendly dishes for college freshmen. Each recipe costs less than $30 for all ingredients and can be made in 30 minutes or less.
- K-Swiss Announces Partnership with Pickleball Coach to the Stars Matt Manasse
This partnership with Manasse will be a multi year apparel and footwear deal. The brand continues to build a bigger and stronger team of athletes than ever before and Manasse is a great fit for the brand’s values. K-Swiss is making several moves to further invest in Pickleball.
- This Hunger Action Month, Two Good® and Busy Philipps Are Asking People to #GetHangryForGood to Help Get Food to Those In Need
While “hangry” traditionally embodies the bad-temper or irritability that comes from being hungry, Two Good believes that hanger should instead be channeled into a force for good to help the 1 in 10 households that are experiencing food insecurity.
Read more of the latest consumer-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNcnsmr, @prnfood, @prnbeauty, and @prnfashion on Twitter.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-consumer-news-13-stories-you-need-to-see-301909694.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com