A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy entertainment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a free smart TV and PBS’ Memorial Day concert.
NEW YORK, May 19, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the entertainment and media industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- VICE Media Group Enters Into Purchase Agreement with Lender Consortium
“We will have new ownership, a simplified capital structure and the ability to operate without the legacy liabilities that have been burdening our business. We look forward to completing the sale process in the next two to three months and charting a healthy and successful next chapter at VICE,” said Bruce Dixon and Hozefa Lokhandwala, VICE’s Co-Chief Executive Officers.
- Pluto TV Co-Founder Launches Telly, the Ultimate Free Television Upgrade for the Living Room
Telly is poised to not only disrupt the industry by delivering the most innovative TV in the market, but to revolutionize the industry’s business model by enabling advertisers to fully subsidize the cost of the TV itself for the consumer, and deliver it completely for free.
- Motel 6 and Studio 6 Launch My6 Music Program
Now through Oct. 31, musicians and their crews can get 10% off stays through the My6 Music Package, in addition to 50 discounts for music-related items and services from Sonos sound equipment, gas, food delivery, Showtime video streaming, Fender Play step-by-step music lessons and more.
- Hyundai Motor and Sony Pictures Team Up for the Third Time with ‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’
The new animated movie will feature a flying version of Hyundai Motor’s Prophecy concept EV, predecessor of the all-electric IONIQ 6 model, along with examples of the company’s future mobility vision.
- PBS’ National Memorial Day Concert: The Multi-Award-Winning National Tradition Honoring Our American Heroes and Their Families Live from the U.S. Capitol
A more than three decades long tradition unlike anything else on television, the 90-minute broadcast honoring the service and sacrifice of our men and women in uniform, military families and all those who have given their lives for our country takes us back to the real meaning of the holiday through personal stories and tributes interwoven with musical performances.
- Omdia research finds 90% of US sports fans engage with football, but fans need 3 streaming services minimum for comprehensive NFL game coverage
Sarah Henschel, Principal Analyst at Omdia, commented: “Sports is one of the last things keeping consumers tied to their pay TV subscriptions. Now that YouTube’s NFL Sunday Ticket and Apple’s MLS Season Pass have become fully available with streaming regardless of location, the pressure is on for all leagues to create streaming offerings that aren’t filled with frustrating blackouts.”
- Nitro Circus Ready to Raise the Roof with Explosive 20th Anniversary Tour
This tour will electrify live audiences from coast to coast as Nitro Circus runs it back, celebrating two decades of record-breaking thrills, death-defying spills and side-splitting shenanigans. Every night an elite roster of top riders will throw down and fans can also look forward to special guest visits from various Nitro legends at every tour stop.
- FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen 40th Anniversary Special Digital Issue Debuts
The inaugural digital issue features a mix of recipes, interviews, and archival and new photography and video of the iconic culinary leaders and innovative wine experts who have made the Classic a must-visit event and helped shape food culture for the past four decades.
- Exhibition Exploring the Guitar’s Place in American Art and Society Features Paintings, Photography, and Seminal Instruments
Organized by Dr. Leo G. Mazow, the Louise B. and J. Harwood Cochrane Curator of American Art at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Storied Strings explores fascinating connections and contrasts that show how guitars figure prominently in the visual stories Americans tell about themselves.
- News Consumption in April Boosts Cable’s Share of TV, according to Nielsen’s Latest Report of The Gauge™
With a decrease of 1.9% from March to April, total TV usage in the U.S. declined for the third consecutive month, a trend that is typical as the summer months approach. By comparison, time spent watching TV declined 2.1% over the same period in 2022.
- WOW! Reimagines Delivery of its Video Offering with Strategic YouTube TV Deal
Through this partnership, consumers can purchase WOW!’s fastest, most reliable Internet, together with the industry-leading YouTube TV service, all on one convenient WOW! monthly bill.
- New Research Shows Substantial Impact on Children’s Learning from Groundbreaking Ahlan Simsim Initiative Combining Educational Media and Early Childhood Services
Strong evidence of the power of educational mass media to improve foundational social-emotional skills, which are critical for children’s long-term success: Watching the Ahlan Simsim TV show significantly increased children’s ability to identify emotions and apply a simple regulation and coping strategy.
Read more of the latest entertainment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtertainment on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Future, Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp., and FaZe Holdings.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-entertainment-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301829054.html
Some images courtesy of https://pixabay.com